VMware EVO SDDC (previously known as EVO:RACK) has been announced. It will be interesting to see how VCE will use EVO SDDC Manager to complement VCE Vision.
In a nutshell (more detail below):
- VMware SDDC-in-a-box
- EVO SDDC Components: SDDC Manager, Hardware Management System (HMS), vSphere, vCenter Server, Virtual SAN, NSX, PSC, vRealize Operations, vRealize Automation, vRealize Log Insight, Horizon View, REST APIs
- Physical Hardware Components per Rack: Two 40GbE Spine Switches (first rack), 1GbE OOB Management Switch, Two 10GbE ToR Leaf Switches, minimum 8 servers (1/3 rack), 24 servers per rack max.
- Consumption method 1: Partners can use EVO SDDC bundle to build integrated systems and services
- Consumption method 2: Customers can deploy EVO SDDC on selected pre-qualifed Hardware and Software BoMs (not for version 1.0)
- Partnership plans with VCE, Quanta and Dell to build integrated systems based upon EVO SDDC framework.
- Official VMware Press Release
The clock is ticking, register for VMworld EU 2015, plan your travel and reserve your sessions:
One thought on “#VMworld Announcement – EVO SDDC”
Comments are closed.