One of my largest enterprise customers is a prolific user of NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI) for global storage management, which is how I came to appreciate the scale, flexibility and functionality of OCI. James Holden did a great job of covering OCI and the Cloud Insight SaaS offering in the sessions below.
If you are an enterprise looking for a ubiquitous storage management system, then OCI is definitely worth considering, even if you do not have NetApp storage arrays. If you are an SMB or Commercial customer, then Cloud Insight would be a better fit, since it is the SaaS offering of OCI. OCI and Cloud Insight do not have feature parity, due to the markets being addressed.
One corner case worth mentioning, if you want to quickly implement a chargeback, showback or “shameback” solution, then OCI could give you the fastest time to value.
SFD16 NetApp Session Resources:
- NetApp OnCommand Insight (OCI) Overview with James Holden
- NetApp OnCommand Insight Monitoring and Troubleshooting with James Holden
- NetApp OnCommand Insight Cost Control and Chargeback with James Holden
- NetApp OnCommand Insight Integration with the Wider Ecosystem with James Holden
- NetApp Cloud Insight with James Holden