This week, Nutanix .NEXT 2019 US is being held in Anaheim. There are ten announcements of note in the Private Cloud, Multi-Cloud and Edge spaces:
- First Edition of The Nutanix Design Guide released – download the PDF.
- Nutanix Buckets for Object Storage: Available on May 15 with Buckets and Buckets Pro licensing.
- Nutanix Mine for secondary storage: Available in H2-2019. Available in Small (96TB) and Medium (192TB) sizes. Will support Veeam, HYCU, Commvault, Unitrends and Veritas.
- Nutanix Era simplifies database operations: Added support for SQL-Server AAG, PostreSQL HA, Oracle Patch Management & RBAC.
- Xi Frame from anywhere: Supports On-Prem Nutanix cluster Frame data-plane install.
- Xi Leap expansion: Enhancements to Xi Cloud Security. London and Italy added as DRaaS targets.
- Xi Beam security compliance: Event-driven security compliance added.
- Xi IoT developer experience: Frictionless delivery in the Cloud, Solution-centric approach with multiple sensor options.
- MEDITECH is certified for Nutanix AHV and AOS, including Nutanix Files.
- Xi Clusters on AWS