The Nutanix XLAB licensing for Partners feature in Nutanix Support is now live. Why should you care if you are a Nutanix Partner?
Up until now, Nutanix Partners could consume Nutanix software in four ways:
- Community Edition – crowd-sourced support, used for functional demonstrations and learning, available to everyone, runs with AHV only and you supply the hardware (no HCL, cross your fingers and pray).
- Nutanix Demo environment – ready built, limited use-cases, demonstration only, shared environment consumed as a service (similar to VMware HOL), available to all partners.
- NFR (Not For Resale) – includes support, heavily discounted software, including NX hardware if needed, available to all partners.
- MOU (Memorandum of Understanding) – loaner hardware tied to sales objectives for a fixed period of time and must be returned to Nutanix at the end, licensing and support is not included, all partners can apply.
Now we have a fifth option, XLAB:
- Gives you access to Acropolis Ultimate, Prism Pro, Flow, Calm, Files, Era and Buckets licensing.
- Depending upon your Partner level, the quantities allowed vary (Master, Scaler or Authorized Distributor).
- Partner provides the hardware: Nutanix NX, HPE DX, HPE, Cisco, Dell-EMC PowerEdge or OEM (Dell-EMC XC Core or Lenovo HX).
- Allows you to run all supported hypervisors.
- No support provided.
- Gives you the ability to run PoCs in your own lab including performance testing (before you would have to use an official PoC request – which takes time, or use NFR/MOU hardware).
How do you access XLAB? Easy:
- Login to my.nutanix.com
- Select the Support Portal
- Go to My Products, Licensing
- Expand the XLab Licenses section
- Select Manage Licenses to start the Cluster File upload process and generate the License File for the cluster