VMware SABU has announced the “HCI Acceleration Kit”. Which allows enterprises to deploy vSAN, including single socket hardware, for under $25K per site for ROBO, distributed site use-cases. These types of deployments are typically seen in the retail, healthcare, oil/gas, military and manufacturing sectors.
In a nutshell (more detail below):
- Use vSAN Ready hardware (single socket models).
- Includes vSphere Standard and vSAN Standard for a 3 node unlimited VM cluster of single socket servers.
- VMware licence bundle priced at $7,850 (includes 25% discount built-in).
- Total cost of 3 node solution is less than $25K.
- More information here: Hit Refresh on Distributed IT with the New HCI Acceleration Kit!