In a nutshell (more detail below):
- Latest OpenStack Release (Mitaka)
- Supports Compact mode and a more efficient HA mode
- Import vSphere workloads
- Many UI and UX improvements
- Improved day-to-day experience for cloud admins and administrators.
- Simplified configuration for Nova compute service.
- Streamlined Keystone identity service is now a one-step process for setting up the identity management features of a cloud network.
- Keystone now supports multi-backend allowing local authentication and AD accounts simultaneously.
- Heat’s convergence engine optimized to handle larger loads and more complex actions for horizontal scaling for improved performance for stateless mode.
- Enhanced OpenStack Client provides a consistent set of calls for creating resources no longer requiring the need to learn the intricacies of each service API.
- Support for software development kits (SDKs) in various languages.
- New “give me a network,” feature capable of creating a network, attaching a server to it, assigning an IP to that server, and making the network accessible, in a single action