VMware, in collaboration with Google Cloud and Pivotal, has announced the VMware Pivotal Container Service. This is an exciting collaboration that will help fill the current gaps in the container ecosystem.
In a nutshell:
- Fully supported Kubernetes distribution integrated with vSphere
- BOSH orchestrated easy deployment with integrated lifecycle management and operations
- Deep integration with NSX for container networking and security
- Constant compatibility with Google Container Engine (GKE) and integration with Google Compute Platform services through the integrated Open Service Broker (OSB)
- Production-grade features such as high availability, security, identity and access management, monitoring and logging at both the infrastructure and application layer.
- More information here: VMware, Pivotal and Google Cloud Collaborate to Unveil New Kubernetes-based Container Service – Pivotal Container Service (PKS)