This will be my second VMworld and I want to pass on some tips that I learned from the “10 year” VMworld veterans that maximised my experience last year:
- Keep hydrated with H20, carry a water bottle.
- Maintain your energy levels by eating good, healthy food, regularly.
- Minimise your alcohol intake.
- Wear comfortable shoes that have been “broken in”. Ladies: high heels = bad idea.
- Dress in neat casual or professional clothing – just make sure it is comfortable.
- Travel light – if you do not need your laptop, leave it at the hotel.
- Plan ahead and organise your schedule so that you are getting 8 hours of sleep a night.
- It is physically impossible to attend every event, so attend what is important to you.