If you are considering taking the journey to the newly announced Nutanix Platform Expert (NPX) certification, you may be wondering, “Where do I start?” The first step is to complete an NPX skills assessment matrix and then formulate a plan of attack to get there.
- Document your current compliance with the NPX prerequisites (mandatory – NPP and recommended – NSS, VCDX, etc.).
- For each area enter an honest assessment of your skill level (ZER – Zero, BAS – Basic, ADV – Advanced or MCQ – Minimally Qualified Candidate aka Expert).
- As an NPX candidate, you should have a very high number of MCQ and ADV classifications.
- If you have a study group, get each member complete the same form and you will be able to discern who should lead the T-Skilling for each Technology area (MCQ level).
- A good strategy is to target the Zero/Basic knowledge areas and then work your way up to Advanced and MCQ.
- The point of the preparation process is to peak as MCQ for all blueprint areas on the day of the defence.
- How do you assess your knowledge? Check my VCDX study plans (additional NPX study plans coming soon) and depending upon the number of terms you understand, mark yourself accordingly.
- How do you build your knowledge? Lab time, work experience, reading technical publications, blog posts, participating in Study Group T-Skilling, listening to podcasts and completing online training (eg. Pluralsight, Nutanix Nu.School, etc.).
- Depending upon your target date, you need to pace yourself and immerse yourself in the preparation process to ensure you have the greatest chance of success. This is a marathon, not a sprint.