VMware has introduced vSphere Integrated Containers and the Photon Platform as part of their Cloud Native Application offering for Production-grade Container Infrastructure.
In a nutshell:
- VMware vSphere is the foundation with Project Bonneville and Project Photon OS
- VMware vSphere Integrated Containers will merge with other 3rd party container eco-systems
- Intended to meet these requirements: Security and Isolation (vSphere 6.0 Instant Clone), Storage and Data Persistence (VSAN & VVols), Networking (NSX), SLAs (vSphere DRS) & Management (vCenter Server & vRealize suite)
- The VMware Photon Platform comprises of a Photon Controller (including Project Lightwave) and Photon Machine
- Project Photon OS is sourced on GitHub, along with Project Lightwave
- VMware and Pivotal will offer Cloud Native Applications for this eco-system
- Official VMware Press Release
The clock is ticking, register for VMworld EU 2015, plan your travel and reserve your sessions:
One thought on “#VMworld Announcement – Cloud Native Apps”
Comments are closed.