Today, Comtrade Software has released version 1.0 of their HYCU (pronounced “Haiku” – yes, as in Japanese poetry) data protection solution that integrates natively with Nutanix AHV. I watched their demo and it does seem very easy to use and feature rich.
Currently, the only other options for Nutanix AHV Data Protection are CommVault IntelliSnap and the native Snapshot and Async-DR features of AHV. It also looks like Rubrik recently introduced support for Nutanix AHV as well with Rubrik Alta.
The low-down on HYCU:
- Data Protection made easy: 1 Click Backup, 2 minute Recovery, 3 minute deployment, 4 minutes to learn.
- Application aware with application consistent backups.
- Automated in-guest application discovery (with appropriate credentials).
- Natively integrated via Acropolis V3 APIs.
- Licensing is by socket, with the choice of perpetual (US$999/socket for Nutanix Xpress or US$1,500/socket) or subscription (US$75/month/socket).
- Deploy as a Virtual Appliance. This is software only and not a hardware appliance.
- Configure any Nutanix cluster, NAS (Dell-EMC DataDomain, Quantum, Exagrid, Whitebox NAS supporting NFS/SMB) or public cloud (Azure or AWS) as the remote data protection target.
- Comtrade has 20+ years of experience writing software, their code is used within F5, Citrix, Microsoft and HPE solutions.