Today Nutanix announced three major products: Xi Cloud Services, Calm and Xtract.
Nutanix Xi Cloud Services
- Native cloud extension to the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- This is a hybrid cloud play, not a public cloud play.
- Xi DRaaS is the first service to be offered.
- Initial service locations (4): Oakland and Santa Clara, CA and Ashburn, VA (2).
- Nutanix is using Co-location with NX infrastructure to provide Xi Cloud Services. In the future GCP will provide Xi Cloud Services as well.
- Targeting SMB and large-Enterprise ROBO customers.
- Early Access Q4 2017, GA Q1 2018.
- This is the Nutanix orchestration engine, refactored from the Calm.io acquistion.
- Supports Application Lifecycle Automation & Modeling, Self-Service and Governance and Hybrid Cloud Management.
- Will have a Nutanix Marketplace for sharing code.
- Calm, along with SSP, will reside in Prism Pro (yes, SSP is being relocated from Prism – which makes sense). Hopefully Prism Pro will support high availability soon.
- Rapid release rate every 8 weeks.
- GA Q3 2017 in the Obelix release (version TBD).
- VM Onboarding and Database Transformation tools.
- Allows one-click experience, agentless migrations, near-zero downtime, retains network configurations and auto AHV driver insertion.
- Both follow the steps of scan, design, deploy and migrate.
- Xtract for VMs GA Q1 2018.
- Xtract for SQL DBs is already available as Nutanix Xplorer (will be rebranded).
One thought on “#Nutanix #NEXTConf 2017 US Announcements”
Comments are closed.