Today Nutanix announced three major products: Xi Cloud Services, Calm and Xtract.
Nutanix Xi Cloud Services
- Native cloud extension to the Nutanix Enterprise Cloud Platform.
- This is a hybrid cloud play, not a public cloud play.
- Xi DRaaS is the first service to be offered.
- Initial service locations (4): Oakland and Santa Clara, CA and Ashburn, VA (2).
- Nutanix is using Co-location with NX infrastructure to provide Xi Cloud Services. In the future GCP will provide Xi Cloud Services as well.
- Targeting SMB and large-Enterprise ROBO customers.
- Early Access Q4 2017, GA Q1 2018.
Registration for Nutanix .NEXT 2017 in the US is now open. It will be held from 28 – 30 June, 2017, at the Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
Last year I really enjoyed Nutanix .NEXT 2016, it was a well organised event and I had some great conversations and was able to catch-up with the vCommunity.
I booked my trip last week and I will probably be there earlier that week to complete my NPX Panelist trainee requirements with the mid-year NPX Defences (date not finalised). Look forward to seeing you all there!