VMware vSphere APIs for IO (VAIO) Filtering has been announced. It fits under the umbrella of VMware Unified Hybrid Cloud, however deserves a post on its own.
VMware Validated Designs (VVD) has been announced. This one is quite exciting, it kind of parallels my “Enterprise-Architecture-Design as a Service” concept at RapidMatter.com. I have not seen the final product, but it will help architects with “build-your-own” VMware SDDC solutions.
In addition, it will be interesting to see how the VCDX program reacts to designs being submitted with this framework and how the EMC Federation incorporates this into the EHC and VxBlock reference architectures.
- The VMware Communities Roundtable Podcast announces a lot of VMworld news and activities during July and August – listen if you have the time.
- DevOps is now becoming an unofficial track – filter these sessions with the keyword “DevOps”.
- On the day of the Keynote, the Official VMworld Bloggers will release their posts about new VMware announcements – keep an eye out at VMworld 2015 Official Bloggers.
- Keep up with what is happening via #VMworld on Twitter.
- The sessions related to announcements under NDA are in “stealth mode” until the day of the Keynote – keep an eye on the Schedule Builder to attend these sessions once they become visible.
- Fully booked sessions – you can attend them by waiting in line outside the hall 15 minutes before the start time, a lot of people will no-show.
- Keep hydrated with H20, carry a water bottle.
- Maintain your energy levels by eating good, healthy food, regularly.
- Limit your alcohol intake.
- Wear comfortable shoes that have been “broken in”.
- Dress in neat casual or professional clothing – just make sure it is comfortable.
- Travel light – if you do not need your laptop, leave it at the hotel.
- Plan ahead and organise your schedule so that you are getting at least a few hours of sleep a night.
- It is physically impossible to attend every event, so attend what is important to you.
The VMworld 2015 US Schedule Builder is now live. Sign in and register for the most popular sessions before they become fully booked.
If you have been listening to the VMware Communities Roundtable Podcast, you will have heard talk about DevOps becoming an unofficial track with Expert-Led workshops and sessions. Use “DevOps” as a keyword search to find them.
VMware have also added the TAM-day schedule to the builder, which is a first (only valid for TAM customers).
The clock is ticking, register for VMworld 2015 US, plan your travel and reserve your sessions: