The VMware vRealize Suite Link-O-Rama Resource Page
This is an aggregation of resources for the VMware vRealize Suite. If I have missed any other resources, reach out to me on Twitter and I will add them. This page will continue to evolve over time and new content will be marked as “NEW!”.
Since vCloud Director is well and truly alive, I have included it as well.
Until I go through and list each individual blog post from an author, you can click on the author name to jump to their latest content. Continue reading vRealize Suite Link-O-Rama
I was very happy when VMware announced the “vCloud Suite” two years ago. It unified the entire Data Center and Cloud Automation eco-system of VMware’s products under a single umbrella with a unified licencing model. No more buying per VM licences for multiple products, just licence your physical sockets with the level you wanted and off you go. It was a great move.
Fast forward to this year: “vRealize”? Who were the vPeople in vMarketing who vSuggested this vChange and who is the vGroup who vDrank the vCoolaid and vSupported this? Who is the vBoss who vSigned off on it? Sticking a “v” in front of every word does not make it cool, just look at the previous two sentences. You have done a good job of it so far, but placing a “vee” in front of verbs is taking it too far, stick to nouns!
Continue reading Is “vRealize” another “vRAM”?
Summary of announcements from the Keynote session:
- Third year of implementing the SDDC strategy
- NSX is gaining industry recognition and adoption
- vCloud Suite is rebranded as “vRealize” to incorporate vCHS, vSAN, vVols & vSphere
- VMware’s foray into the Hyper-Converged market: EVO suite (aka “Marvin” & “VMCI”) with Rail (medium enterprise) and Rack (large enterprise)
- VMware will contribute code to the Open Stack project to support OpenStack APIs
- “Containers without compromise” – VMware working with Docker and Google on “container” technologies
- vCloud Governance service for vCloud Air (aka vCHS) customers with a heavy US Government compliance requirement (available September 2014)
The clock is ticking, register for VMworld EU 2014, plan your travel and reserve your sessions: