Last week we had a vBrownbag VCDX panel discussion with Chris Colotti, Karl Childs, Rob Nolen, Greg Robertson and myself.
Greg is planning additional vBrownbag VCDX sessions over the coming weeks, just tweet @vBrownbag with your suggested topics for discussion and he will try to make it happen.
I have always been petrified of public speaking. During my VCDX certification journey, the presentation was always my toughest task, I would spend hours and days stressing and freaking out about talking to the panelists. Yesterday, I realised I was cured. Now public speaking does not bother me in the least; no nerves, no second guessing, just the concise delivery of information to my audience. How did this reversal occur?
Continue reading “Hardening” the Architect
This was my first time at VMworld US and I was impressed with the level of planning and attention to detail. The highlights of the conference where:
- vCommunity Hang Space – vBrownbag TechTalks, VMware Community and Blogger’s area, VMware Foundation “Give Back” event
- Hands On Labs – 10,000 labs were taken this year. They just get better and better.
- Sessions – lot of cool content was presented this year.
- Thursday’s General Session was very interesting and informative.
- Announcements about EVO:RAIL and Open Stack support within vSphere.
- Solutions Exchange – loads of new technology out there.
- TAM Day was fantastic.
Continue reading VMworld 2014 US – Closing Comments
The vBrownbag TechTalk schedule has just been posted online for VMworld US 2014. These will be held in the “Hang Space” on the “Community Stage”, which is to your left as you walk through the doors. It looks like there will be a lot of interesting things going on during the event:
- vExpert Daily & HP Sessions
- vBrownbag TechTalks – featuring Rene Van Den Bedem, Julian Wood, Vaughn Stewart, Andrew Nelson, Eric Wright, Shannon Snowden, Brian Trainor, Matt Brender, Anthony Spiteri, Byron Schaller, Fabio Rapposelli, Edward Haletky, Sean Crookston, Sean Massey, Brian Graf, Tim Gleed, David Espejo, James Green, Steve Flanders, Craig Waters, Keith Norbie, Tony Foster, David Klee and Chris Sears
- vBrownbag Sponsor sessions – VMTurbo, Peter Smith – Infinio and Andy Warfield – Coho Data
- Geek Whisperers podcast
- Speaking in Tech podcast
- Latin America vExpert and VMUG sessions
So if you happen to be in the Hang Space relaxing, keep an eye out for the various events being held on the Community Stage. See you at VMworld!
Continue reading VMworld 2014 – vBrownbag TechTalks
Last week on the EMEA vBrownbag, Craig Kilborn, Gregg Robertson, Bobby Stampfle and myself hosted a VCDX preparation special podcast.
We are planning on a second round if there is enough interest. Just tweet @vBrownbag with your suggested discussion item and if we have sufficient feedback, this will set the agenda for another VCDX preparation podcast.